European Regional Framework for Co-operation
ERFC, taking stock from a host of EU networks of excellence, in which its founders participated or initiated, is established in a converge region (Western Greece), with an ever expanding network of offices in other Greek & EU Regions.
Continuous improvement strategy for increasing the efficiency of wastewaters treatment facilities in the Black Sea coastal states
BLACK SEA: http://www.blacksea-cbc.net/
- PROJECT DESCRIPTION
- TARGET GROUPS
- EXPECTED RESULTS
- AFTER THE PROJECT
Overall objective is to achieve stronger regional partnership and cooperation to realize significant improvements of the wastewater treatment facilities management in the Black Sea coastal states.
1. Cooperation between Black Sea (BS) partner regions to improve the management of the wastewater treatment facilities;
2. Increase the performance of wastewater treatment facilities through a new continuous improvement strategy (CIS) model development;
3. Acquisition of desired competences for the personnel involved in BS wastewater management;
4. Enable WWTF managers and BS regions decision makers to manage more effectively and respond to trends more quickly;
5. Coordination of the technical, administrative and financial activities of the joint Action.
Regional operators, municipalities, wastewater plant managers, universities, R&D institutes and NGOs participating at the CIS training courses, local authorities.
*Expert knowledge on the situation of wastewater management and sustainable development increased in the Black Sea region;
*New concept developed to improve the management of wastewaters treatment facilities in 6 countries with direct access to the Black Sea or clearly integrated to the BS Basin.
*Wastewater management improving by training of 18 specialists able to develop the same concept in the wastewater treatment facilities (WWTF) in 6 participating countries
*WWTF performance increasing by implementing the CIS concept in Romania, Region of South-East and in Greece, Anatoliki Makedonia –Thraki Region.
*Access of public and private entities from the Black Sea area to information about the new wastewater management concept by promoting the project on the websites of 7 partners.
*A well managed joint Action reaching its objectives, without serious conflict between the partners, without irregularities and with smooth reporting to the programme.
• National Research &Development Institute for Gas Turbines COMOTI (INCDT COMOTI), ROMANIA - lead partner
• SC RAJA SA Constanta, ROMANIA,
• Black Sea Centre of Excellence (BSCE), BULGARIA,
• European Regional Framework for Co-operation (ERFC), GREECE
• Yerevan State University (YSU), ARMENIA
• State University of Moldova (SUM), REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
• International Centre for Social Research and Policy Analysis (ICSRPA), GEORGIA
Methodology for Continuous improvement
DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Imrove, Control) - Manuals
BALANCED SCORECARD manual EN GR
Pilot project in Drama
Review of best practices (State of the Art – Water Quality Observatories around the globe, Added value for EU territorial cooperation capitalising on CISWastewater project methodology, Monitoring system functionalities
ERFC signed MoU with National Technical University of Athens and with FRederick University of Cyprus. The two academic institutions will include to their courses the educational material produced by the project.