ENHANCEMENT OF BUSINESS BRANDING THROUGH THE DEVELOPMENT OF A CARBON FOOTPRINT EVALUATION SYSTEM IN THE CROSS BORDER AREA
Cooperation programme INTERREG V-A Greece- Bulgaria 2014 – 2020 http://www.greece-bulgaria.eu/home/
The overall objective of CB CARBONFREE is for the business community in the food industry to adopt a multi-criteria analysis protocol that will allow reliable identification and evaluation of the carbon footprint, designated it as a business tool for promotion and projection of products, which can give a targeted advantage, at export level, in the CB business community.
The expected out puts of the project are:
- Presentation / demonstration of the protocol / multi-criteria analysis tool to food companies (mainly agri-food exporters),
- Implementation of the multi-criteria analysis protocol / tool in companies in Greece and Bulgaria
- Organizing networking events (B2B events) between entrepreneurs from agri-food sector and specialized scientists and bodies
- Creation of an on-line support platform through which will be provided consulting services to entrepreneurs, and will be developed a networking framework of SME’s of the cross border area in the agri-food sector
- Development of digital marketing tools,
- Organization of training seminars and workshops that will address both the primary and secondary and tertiary sectors in the agri-food sector
- Research and analysis of market entry requirements, applying tools for the reduction of carbon footprint ,
- Creation of a “brand name” identity for products in the cross-border area,
- Description of measures to ensure the sustainability of results and actions after the end of the funding period.
GREEK EXPORTERS ASSOCIATION, SEVE – GR (Lead partner)
Haskovo Chamber of Commerce and Industry, HCCI – BG
European Regional Framework for Cooperation, ERFC – GR